PIAZZA DELLA MADONNA DEI MONTI
It takes its name from the church of Santa Maria dei Monti, best known as Madonna dei Monti. In this zone S.Giuseppe Labre and S. Alfonso Maria de'Liguori took care of poor people with their charity.
The fountain made by Giacomo Della Porta is situated in the middle of the interesting square and in front of it you can admire a beautiful building that dates back to the Eighteenth Century. The homonym street still preserves some old buildings from the Fourteenth Century with mediaval walls.
Madonna de’ Monti. The fountain was built by Giacomo Della Porta in 1588. The lower bath remembers the medieval fountains and above it there is the upper basin, decorated with masks and ornaments. It was restored in Nineteenth century but at present it isn't in good condition.
Palazzo dei Neofiti. Between the square and the street there is a building that, in the past, gift hospitality to those who converted to Christianity. The main characteristics of this palace, also called "dei Catecumini" or "Cattacumeni", are the very big door and pope Urbano VIII's tombstone.